The categories are:
- 40under40 Global 2018 (no entry fee) – Find out more here. (deadline for global nominations 23 February 2018 )
- Architectural Luminaire Interior
- Architectural Luminaire Exterior
- Product Designer of the Year
- Supplier of the Year
- Hotel and Restaurant Project of the Year
- Leisure Project of the Year
- Retail Project of the Year
- Heritage Project of the Year
- Workplace Project of the Year
- Community and Public Realm Project of the Year
- Daylight Project of the Year
- Integration Project of the Year
- Light Art Project of the Year
- Architect of the Year
- Lighting Design Practice of the Year
Entry fee: £170 + VAT
Closing date for entries: Friday 26 January 2018
- Projects for all categories can be located anywhere in the world. Projects not previously entered should have been completed, refurbished, substantially altered or improved in the period 1 January 2015 to 1 January 2018. Temporary projects are admissible.
- Enter your project in the most obvious category. The judges reserve the right to move it to another category if they feel the entry stands a better chance of winning or being shortlisted in the category to which it is moved.
- Products should be available on the market on 3 May 2018. Prototypes are not acceptable. By submitting an entry in one of the product categories (Architectural Luminaire Interior or Architectural Luminaire Exterior) you agree to the sending a sample if requested by the organisers and you agree to independent testing of it at a test house.
- Entrants giving false or misleading information will be excluded from the competition. If an award is given and it is subsequently found that information submitted is materially false or misleading, then the organisers reserve the right to remove the award.
- By entering, you agree to a representative attending the awards ceremony in London on 3 May 2018. If none is available for whatever reason, the organisers reserve the right to nominate a collector on your behalf.
- Pictures should be copyright-free, and by entering you agree to their dissemination in publications and on-line, along with relevant information.
- Entries can be submitted from any section of the supply chain including manufacturers, lighting designers, installers and end users.
- For projects please specify all parties involved in the project e.g. the user, the designer, the installer, the manufacturer of equipment.
- All projects should be fully compliant with the appropriate international standards.