The categories are:
- Architectural Luminaire Interior
- Architectural Luminaire Exterior
- Supplier of the Year
- Hotel Project of the Year
- Restaurant Project of the Year
- Leisure Project of the Year
- Retail Project of the Year
- Workplace Project of the Year
- Heritage & Faith Project of the Year
- Public Realm and Landscape Project of the Year
- Daylight Project of the Year
- Integration Project of the Year
- Light Art Project of the Year
- Low Budget Project of the Year
- Emerging Practice of the Year
- Lighting Design Practice of the Year
40under40 Global 2020
This category is free to enter and anyone can nominate a candidate who they feel is eligible for 40under40 status. This could be a practice principal, director, associate, colleague, tutor, head of department, client or friend. You will need to say why, in your opinion, they are an exceptional young designer.
Nomination closing date: 7 February 2020 at midnight GMT
Find out more here.
- Projects for all categories can be located anywhere in the world. They should have been completed, refurbished, substantially altered or improved in the period 1 January 2018 to 1 January 2020. Temporary projects are admissible.
- Enter your project in the most obvious category. The judges reserve the right to move it to another category if they feel the entry stands a better chance of winning or being shortlisted in the category to which it is moved.
- Products should be available on the market on October 2019. Prototypes are not acceptable. By submitting an entry in one of the product categories (Architectural Luminaire Interior or Architectural Luminaire Exterior) you agree to the sending of a sample if requested by the organisers and you agree to independent testing of it at a test house.
- Entrants giving false or misleading information will be excluded from the competition. If an award is given and it is subsequently found that information submitted is materially false or misleading, then the organisers reserve the right to remove the award.
- By entering, you agree to a representative attending the awards ceremony in London in May 2020. If none is available for whatever reason, the organisers reserve the right to nominate a collector on your behalf.
- Pictures should be copyright-free, and by entering you agree to their dissemination in publications and on-line, along with relevant information.
- Entries can be submitted from any section of the supply chain including manufacturers, lighting designers, installers and end users.
- For projects please specify all parties involved in the project e.g. the user, the designer, the installer, the manufacturer of equipment.
- All projects should be fully compliant with the appropriate international standards.